Close-Up, English for Bachillerato Tecnológico is a five book series which has been designed to specifically meet the needs of English teachers working in the Bachillerato Tecnológico system. Each of the five books has been written in accordance with the current five-semester English program for Bachillerato Tecnológico.
Close-Up includes stunning National Geographic photography and content throughout the series that inspire students to reflect on the programs’ themes. National Geographic Readings capture students’ attention with relevant topics that bring the whole world to the classroom.
Each of the first four books has six units, divided equally between the corresponding number of Blocks, or Conceptos Fundamentales. Book 5 has eight units which completely address the topics of the Blocks.
- New language concepts presented and practiced through clear learning sequences (secuencias didácticas) of presentation and practice activities.
- Complete competencies program according to the Reforma Integral de Bachillerato, including generic, discipline and linguistic competencies.
- Clearly stated language goals for each lesson.
- A strong functional grammar and vocabulary syllabus for practice in all four skills.
- Unit openers that allow students to make use of their experience and knowledge of the world.
- Stunning National Geographic photography throughout the series that inspire students to reflect on the programs’ themes.
- National Geographic Readings which capture students’ attention with relevant topics.
- A strong skill-building syllabus to support reading skills in each lesson.
- Mexico Close-Up feature which helps students relate the topic of the unit to students’ own world.
- Pronunciation syllabus for Spanish speakers.
- Wrap-up activity and Self-Evaluation tasks that give students a motivational sense of accomplishment.
- End-of-unit Vocabulary Builder and Categorization task for organizational and study skills.
- National Geographic Video per block, which provides opportunities for listening to authentic English.
- Activity pages that provide full review and consolidation of key language (available on the website).