Our World Phonics with ABC is a 3-level series plus Alphabet Book in American English that uses National Geographic content to introduce young learners to the sounds and letters of English and helps them learn and practice sound/spelling relationships in order to develop their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
Our World Phonics and Our World ABC may be used on their own or before or alongside the Our World and Explore Our World programs.
Our World ABC includes:
- Five pages of prewriting practice
- Alphabet presentation with real-world photos and examples
- 13 pages of guided letter-writing practice
- Numbers 1-10 presentation and practice
- Eight pages of writing practice
- Review Game
- Audio for practicing the sounds of the alphabet, available online
Each level of Our World Phonics includes:
- Lessons to introduce students to the letters and sounds of English
- Activities to explore how sounds and letters connect, including listening and repetition, sound-discrimination, letter and word recognition, reading, and writing practice
- Chants and stories to reinforce sound/spelling relationships and the rhythm of English
- Review games in each unit and after every three units
- A Picture Dictionary
- An Audio CD for listening practice
All three levels of Our World Phonics and Our World ABC are fully supported with a Teacher’s Guide with Audio CDs.